Friday, May 30, 2014

🐎 An Exclusive interview with a Fun Sheriff 🐎

Note: This article was just published on Linked in last night, if you like it, please go here and share it, so we can form a Fun-guild.


I have a new job title!
In addition to being a Scrum master and an Agile coach, I am now officially the Fun Sheriff of our company.
AFAIK I am the only-est Fun Sheriff in the world, so as a bonus I attach an exclusive interview...

Q: Hey cowboy, what is this Fun Sheriff role anyways?
A: A Fun Sheriff is a variation on the role of a CHO (Chief Happiness Officer), which I found more effective for my purposes.
Q: CHO? What is a CHO??
A: just look it up (they say Google is your friend)
Q: OK, I just read about it, sounds interesting (though perhaps not relevant to our company). So what are the differences between a Fun Sheriff and a CHO?
A: Glad you asked, the two main differences are:
- Sheriff vs. Chief: A CHO is a managerial position, part of the company's hierarchical structure, while a sheriff is part outlaw, on the border or off-grid, and roams in the gray zone where fun-law is not well established to help enforce the fun-justice.
- Fun vs. Happiness: A CHO is happiness-centered, while a FS is fun-centered, since happiness has to do more with individual's internal state, while fun is more in the public domain of a group of people and is about human interaction.
Q: Hmmm... any other differences?
A: Sure, ma'am. A CHO (being a chief) is a central authority, while a Sheriff is constantly looking to recruit deputies to apply local fun, also - a CHO drives a corporate-car while a FS rides a horse.
Q: You are kidding me, right?
A: No ma'am, but if I do it's only 'cause I'm doin' my job...
Q: How do you personally do it in addition to being a Scrum-master and an Agile coach?
A: It actually helps.
Q: OK, whatever. I just used the web as you advised and found out something interesting, are you aware of the fact a 'Fun Sheriff' is the term some cultures give to a party-buster?
A: Yes ma'am, it came to my attention, but unfortunately only after I printed my biz-cards, . Here, have one...
Q: Thanks! that's really funny! You know, though it sounds kind'a crazy it's kind'a interesting as well, how can I ask you some more questions if I am intrigued?
A: Just whistle, you know how to whistle, donc'ha? or drop me a note.
Q: Thanks a lot! see you around!
A: Good day, ma'am...

1 comment: